Friday, June 22, 2007

06/22/2007: An Introduction


















Hello and let me introduce myself. My name is Tony J. Gatewood. I am a mid-twenties, Full-Time campus minister with Intervarsity Christian Fellowship at the Atlanta University Center....huh..... now that I think about it, what I just did was introduce myself based on my job occupation.
Let's try another version:

Hello and let me introduce myself (again..). My name is Tony J. Gatewood. My family calls me Main(e) [we are not sure if the "e" is there or not, my mom uses it so we shall take that as the norm]. I am in my mid-twenties, one day away from my 25th Birthday! Nice! That's what I'm talking about...But upon thinking about this quarter year, I feel that I am at a fork in the road. In one direction is the life of a young man who has always been led in his life by others and will continue to be led by others. He will do great things, but may not reach his full potential. The other direction is the life of a young man who now has to take the reins of his life and ride. He has all of his potential in front of him to obtain. He can "take the land that was promised," but he recognizes that the direction is the road less traveled. Many pains to endure on that road, but true life is down that route.
These are my thoughts....the ones that I want to share. It's about my life, the life that I feel God has shaped. But I want to start from the beginning. For your sakes and for my own, I want to tell my story to you. I feel that I myself will understand the plans God for my life, but to testify to what God has done, what He is doing, and what He will do!

Tomorrow on my birthday I hope to begin this story of my life, when did this all began? How did I become the person I am today? While through it all, I hope to also share with you some of my real time thoughts about what going on in our society today. I hope that you not only enjoy this, but also comment and help me understand this journey as well. Well, that's my introduction...

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Hi Tony,
Welcome to the Blogosphere. I'm looking forward to connecting with you here...
Sarah

Sarah said...

And happy birthday, Brother!!!

Jessica said...

Hey, Tony. I don't have much to say, but I read your blog. Just thought you'd like to know. :)